Role – Capital Asset Valuer
Grade – Analyst / Manager (experience dependent)
Location – Hybrid
Salary: Competitive plus benefits.
About Hickman Shearer
Is a leading independent capital asset valuation, management and used equipment sales company.
We provide expertise and professional advice in relation to plant, machinery and equipment, inventory, receivables, and the built environment.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a experienced valuer to join our machinery and business assets valuation team.
This permanent position is well suited to an experienced individual looking for a new challenge and a career in valuation and asset sales in an entrepreneurial and supportive environment.
The candidate will be given the opportunity to assist and conduct a variety of valuations and sales within a wide range of industries around the globe, see our case studies here: https://hickman-shearer.co.uk/sectors
You will gain insight into how to market professional services to clients, build relationships and respond to client issues, whilst working closely with members of the HS team.
As a Capital Asset Valuer in the valuation team you will:
- Work closely with the leaders and management of HS to assist with the valuation of machinery and business assets for a variety of purposes: financial, lending, insurance and sale;
- Work in a dynamic small business environment, where your opinion is encouraged and valued;
- Travel with team members throughout the UK and internationally to inspect clients’ assets;
- Undertake valuations of machinery and business assets across a wide range of industries including Broadcast and telecoms electronics & Technology, Energy & Utilities, Food and Agri, Manufacturing, Mining and Construction, Life Sciences, public sector and transport and Infrastructure;
- Conduct portfolio analysis for corporate finance clients
- Develop Microsoft Excel based models that can be utilised to analyse the value of major capital equipment assets;
- Create marketing presentations and proposals for potential clients;
- Undertake cost research;
- Draft written reports;
- Work closely with other members of team, including the asset management and online auctioneering department;
- Benefit from a structured training program; and
- Opportunity to start / develop a career as a chartered surveyor at a RICS regulated firm.
The following will be essential:
- Need to be eligible to work in the UK;
- Degree level or suitable relevant experience;
- Willing to travel in the UK and internationally with overnight hotel stays;
- Willingness to go the extra mile to meet client deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs; Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Valid driving license and
- Valid passport.
As part of the machinery and business asset valuation team the following skills will be desirable:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within professional services industry (ideally valuation, asset management, surveying, insolvency)
- Undergraduate degree qualification in a science, engineering or built environment discipline;
- Interest in plant and machinery and industrial processes; valuations, surveying and/or cost estimating;
- Ability to work logically and systematically with a keen eye for detail;
Demonstrable analytical skills and problem-solving;
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence;
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualise new approaches and solutions; and
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams.
- Competitive salary and bonus system reviewed annually;
- ASA/ RICS training available;
- 25 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays; and
- Pension scheme.
Please email your current CV and cover letter to Careers@hickman-shearer.co.uk