Be part of our professional and dynamic capital asset valuation team
At Hickman Shearer we nurture and develop talent, promote ethical behaviour and build team spirit and personal advancement through continued professional education and qualification.
We are currently recruiting the following roles:
Graduate Role – Capital Asset Surveyor – Thame, Oxfordshire.
Salary: competitive plus benefits.
Hickman Shearer Ltd (“HS”) is currently looking for a Graduate to join our machinery and business assets valuation department.
In this role, you will be given the opportunity to assist and conduct a variety of valuations within a wide range of industries around the globe. You will gain insight into how to market professional services to clients, build relationships and respond to client issues, whilst working closely with members of the HS team.
As a Graduate Surveyor in the valuation team you will:
- Work closely with the leaders and management of HS to assist with the valuation of machinery and business assets;
- Travel with team members throughout the UK and internationally to inspect clients’ assets;
- Undertake valuations of machinery and business assets across a wide range of industries;
- Develop MS Excel based models that can be utilized to analyze the value of major capital equipment assets;
- Create MS PowerPoint marketing presentations and proposals to potential clients;
- Undertake cost research;
- Draft written reports;
- Work closely with other members of team, including the asset management and online auctioneering department;
- Benefit from a structured training programme; and
- Opportunity to start a career as a chartered surveyor at a RICS regulated firm.
As part of the Capital Asset Valuation team, the following skills will be essential:
- You must have or expect to gain a 2:2 degree
- Desire to work in a small business environment, where your opinion is encouraged and valued;
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence;
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven analytical skills and systematic problem solving;
- Advanced experience of MS office suite of programmes; Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook;
- Valid driving license;
- Valid passport; and
- UK travel will be required with occasional international travel.
The following skills will be desirable:
- Undergraduate degree qualification in surveying or engineering will be desirable;
- High interest in plant and machinery and industrial processes; valuations, surveying and/or cost estimating;
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to succeed; and
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions.
A leading independent capital asset valuation, management and used equipment sales company.
Established in 1993, Hickman Shearer are based in the United Kingdom with network offices across Europe, North America, Africa and Asia.
HS provides expertise and professional advice in relation to plant, machinery and equipment, inventory, receivables and the built environment.
Our clients include global and mid-sized corporations, the public sector, lenders, investors and their advisors, who harness our deep knowledge and experience to respond to, and resolve, asset related issues.
Our wide ranging skills and expertise support asset rich organisations throughout the life of the business and the asset.
Please email your current CV and cover letter to Careers@hickman-shearer.co.uk