Restructuring and insolvency
Asset valuations and advice for restructuring and insolvency
Understand and communicate the values of distressed assets
Restructuring and insolvency is a complex arena governed by statute and regulation providing guidance for practitioners and protecting creditors.
Today there is a growing support for finding solutions through multi-stakeholder engagement and consensual agreement to prevent both large and small businesses failing.
For restructuring professionals and management, operating in a challenging commercial environment, who need to restructure a business and its assets, Hickman Shearer understand and can communicate the values of distressed assets.
Why asset valuations for restructuring and insolvency matter
Asset valuations for restructuring and insolvency enable restructuring professionals and management to:
- Obtain valuations of all owned and leased capital assets
- Review asset utilisation and performance identifying surplus assets or capacity
- Assess alternative asset funding models
- Review inventory holding levels
- Provide alternative estimated outcome statements considering different restructuring scenarios
- Market assets for sale
As a result of early action restructuring, professionals and management can:
- Preserve asset value
- Gain time for negotiation and improve the outcome
- Achieve the optimum outcome in a distressed environment
Elsewhere detailed market analysis and accurate asset valuations enable you to:
- Re-finance and improve working capital
- Rationalise, restructure or sell the businesses and assets
- Build a more profitable future generating cash from surplus asset sales
Why restructuring professionals choose Hickman Shearer for asset valuations
Clearly communicate how distress has impacted upon the values of the capital assets
In 2014 the Jackson report provided recommendations and guidance to insolvency practitioners that valuations should be performed by RICS registered valuers and conform to RICS valuation guidance.
Your quality guarantee
Understanding capital asset valuation issues requires insight, expertise and experience.
Hickman Shearer is a RICS regulated firm employing high calibre experienced RICS qualified professionals, each of whom has a successful track record of providing asset owners and their advisors with:
- Robust and relevant asset valuations
- Supporting detailed market analysis
- Technical guidance and impartial, authoritative advice
The standards Hickman Shearer’s team works to are both demanded and recognised around the world, ensuring a trusted universal approach and a set of consistent skills globally.
Restructuring & insolvency clients
BDO , Deloitte, EY, Government of Latvia, Government of Romania, Grant Thornton, KPMG, PwC, World Bank
These engagements were performed by the Directors of Hickman Shearer in either their current or previous employment